As a former high school teacher and counsellor, parenting author Maggie Dent who is a mother of four adult sons has spent much of her career exploring what boys need at home and at school to thrive.
This little book is a collection of articles and blog posts “all about boys”, which Maggie has written over the years and which draw on research, common-sense wisdom and her own experience.
The book covers:
- how to help your angry boy
- why school is failing our boys
- how to deal with the love affair between boys and gaming
- why boys need a real, wild childhood
- how to help boys shine at school
- why boys’ friendships matter more than we know
- how to reach your confused, grumpy, moody, mono-syllabic teenage lad
… and much more.
With humour and wisdom Maggie shares her insights and strategies for better understanding, connecting and communicating with the lads in your life.